Six (six!) teams enter the final day of the season with a chance of winning the Ligue 2 title, and can secure their place in the top flight alongside the likes of PSG, Monaco and Lyon.
Strasbourg are currently in pole position on 64 points; Amiens and Troyes are joint-second on 63 points, with Lens and Brest on 62. Nimes face the biggest challenge on 61 points.
The top two teams will be guaranteed automatic promotion, while the third-placed side go into a play-off against the Ligue 1 team occupying the relegation play-off spot (currently Lorient going into the final day).
The fixtures all kick off at 7:30pm on Friday night. The drama!
Below are the permutations (deep breath, and keep up).
– Strasbourg have to match the best result achieved by the five clubs below them in order to win the title.
– If Amiens win and Strasbourg draw or lose, they are champions.
– Amiens can also be champions if Strasbourg lose and they draw, while no club below them wins.
– Due to inferior goal difference, Troyes have to win and both Strasbourg and Amiens have to draw or lose in order for them to win the title.
– Lens will win the title if they win and the three clubs above them lose or draw.
– Brest and Nimes must hope the teams above them lose in order for them to stand a chance of winning the crown.
So, um… a lot to play for then.